Established in early 2017 by a group of alumni of the Forze Hydrogen Racing Team Delft, zepp.solutions is aiming to become a major European player in the development of hydrogen fuel cell systems. In hydrogen fuel cell systems, hydrogen, which can be obtained from renewable sources such as wind and solar, is combined with oxygen to transform their chemical energy into electrical energy. This electrical energy can be used to power electric drivetrains in a wide range of mobile applications. Zepp.solutions is currently working on the development of fuel cell systems for toepassingen ranging from material handling to maritime, the first of which is already operational.
A challenging and dynamic position in a young and growing company in a team of 12 talented and motivated colleagues. Our work atmosphere is informal and we believe in an environment where everyone enjoys a high level of autonomy. We give opportunity to learn and grow by implementing your ideas, and give possibility to become an essential part of Zepp.solutions. During the Covid pandemic we make working at home and/or at the office possible.
This job has 2 main focus points. Integration is a large part of the job. You are responsible to mechanically integrate components in an existing fuel cell system in 3D-CAD. This complete system also has to be integrated in a customer application like a vehicle or ship. You are responsible for this integration and the alignment with the customer in the mechanical field.
Components are not only delivered from suppliers, but new ones are also developed. This job also involves designing mechanical components in 3D-CAD, from a certain set of requirements, analyse them via FEA methods on their strength, mechanically stress test the component to verify the FEA and in the end integrate this new component in the existing product, which is the complete fuel cell system. You are also responsible for the outsourced production of your newly developed product.
We are looking for someone who can easily adapt to the diversity of tasks that arise when working in a young and growing company. Someone who knows how to mechanically design and integrate in a practical matter and understands the importance of durability.
Job in a nutshell
- Analyse component/product requirements
- Develop mechanical components in 3D-CAD, analysis with FEM
- Integrate these components in an existing product
- Integrate the product (fuel cell system) into an application (vehicle)
- Document and report
- Research new materials and production techniques
- Develop and execute mechanical stress tests
Our needs and wants
- HBO degree/level in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience/skills in 3D-CAD modelling
- Understanding of load and strength calculations, applied on FEM analysis
- Good understanding of shock and vibration analysis
- Good understanding of production techniques and material selection
- Fluency in English with effective communication skills
- Located in the historic city center of Delft, The Netherlands
- 40 hours work week
- Annual contract with a prospect of permanent employment
- The starting date is flexible
Are you into a challenge and find this vacancy appealing? Then we are looking forward to receiving your motivation letter and CV!
Tel: +31 15 203 0044